August 3, 2017 @ 5:00PM
**Annual Event Celebrates Resident Cat, Matilda III, And Aims To Raise $10,000 For Mayor's Alliance for NYC's Animals**
NEW YORK, NY (July 13, 2017) — It's not quite New York Fashion Week, but eight felines will be strutting their stuff in one-of-a-kind outfits designed by certified animal fashion designer Ada Nieves in celebration of The Algonquin Hotel's most famous resident, Matilda III, The Algonquin Cat.
The Annual Celebration & Cat Fashion Show will take place on Thursday, August 3rd from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. This year's theme is a tribute to TONY award-winning musicals and highlights will include:
- Cocktails, Hors D'Oeuvres, and Desserts
- Cat Fashion Show
- A Special Performance from CATS, the musical
- Silent Auction featuring a variety of items including Pet Tree Houses, Sleepypod, one-year supply of Merrick Cat Good, a pair of tickets to CATS the Musical featuring a backstage "meet and greet"
- All Guests Receive a Special Gift from Cat Sushi
- On-site mobile adoption unit will also be in front of the hotel that day from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are available for $60 per person which include the reception and fashion show. 100% of the proceeds will benefit the Mayor's Alliance for NYC's Animals. For additional information, to purchase tickets, or to bid on Silent Auction items, visit https://www.501auctions.com/algonquincelebration.
Guests are encouraged to wear their best feline-inspired outfit and share photos from the event on social media using the hashtag #AlgonquinCat.