If you missed this event, you missed a spectacular event for local Bakers. Our goal was to create an old fashion competition where people show up to perform at their best and that is what these Bakers did!
These were the competitors:
- Cakes by Anna- with Baker Anna Seljak
- Cakes by Darcy- with Baker Darcy Lynn
- Gretchen the Baker- with Baker Gretchen Baker
- Iced Out Cakes, LLC- with Baker Cherie Robinson
- True Joy Bakery- with Baker Farah Artis
- Zell’s Cottage Bakery- with Baker Jennifer Watts
On Monday, 8/12/19, Cake Clash! 2019 showcased at Maggiano’s in Buckhead and the event benefitted the Aflac Cancer & Blood Disorder Center at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta*. The event started out as people walked up to the second floor and was drawn in to the old-world of luxury and all the different event rooms displayed in rich mahogany. With Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr and Dean Martin singing over the airwaves, people were immediately transformed into the highlife of the “Rat Pack” at one of their ultra-exclusive clubs with lots of private dining and events.
After you checked in, you were escorted by friendly staff to the Francesca Ball room where several grand chandeliers were dripping from the ceiling and a high top mahogany bar was waiting to quench your thirst.
But in the middle of the room was the attraction of the evening, 6 local Bakers fighting for bragging rights, “Best Baker in Georgia”. Each Baker had 3 contests to enter which included:
- Wedding Cake Contest- this faux cake was graded on just the looks.
- Theme Cake Contest- this faux cake was graded on just looks and was a homage to Aflac, the Bakers had to create “A Day at the Lake” cake.
- Cake Tasting Contest- a sample of their best cake to offer everyone.
There was 1st , 2nd and 3rd place rankings given in each contest but only 1st Place received a trophy and other things from Prize Sponsors and 2nd Place received a ribbon. Then there was the Grand Prize, which was the biggest trophy and other things from Prize Sponsors, for the Overall Winner and the title of “Best Baker in Georgia” that was handed out.